Typically the first question considered when choosing a new computer is “what do you use it for?” You then reel off a list of requirements: using it for work, posting to social media, storing and editing photos, watching digital content and general web-browsing. Almost any PC these days will get you those basic functions. A better question you should ask yourself is: “how long do you spend doing each of those things?”
Spend the majority of your time on work? Then go for a laptop. Spend most of it browsing the web or watching movies? A tablet would work. Realize you use it for all of those at different times? Then a Miix detachable may be right for you.
If you spend lots of time on tablet-based apps like YouTube™, Facebook™ or Instagram® versus typical office applications like word processing or email – but you still want the ability to do all of that – then you need a device as flexible as you are. Meet our new Miix 510, announced today at IFA. It’s our latest Windows detachable that gives you a keyboard when you want it and the freedom to leave it behind when you’re on the go.
The Miix 510 gives you the format and functionality of a tablet first, but with the comfort and convenience of having a full-size keyboard. With the laptop power of up to 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor to create content, the Miix 510 detaches from its keyboard, turning into a stand-alone tablet for online entertainment. Use it as a presentation device, an e-reader or a work laptop. The Miix 510 is versatile enough to carry you from day to night with up to 7.5 hours of battery life.1
What do you get from the Miix 510?
- Refined design elements: Its metallic look impress from the get-go, and closer inspection will reveal some outstanding design features: most notably our iconic dual watchband hinge, with its intricately tooled 280 individual pieces of stainless steel that give the integrated kickstand 150-degree angle adjustment so it’s always comfortable to use, whether it’s placed on the table or on your lap.
- Tools to stay productive: Heavy on the operating system but light on weight, the Miix 510 has the full version of Windows 10, designed for handling the same tasks as a laptop – word processing, data input and analysis, editing and design. Combined with a full-size touch screen and backlit keyboard or pen with new Windows Ink™, you can take notes, sketch, draw and create in any way you want. Because we know a comfortable typing experience is essential to productivity, we’ve also improved the keyboard with increased key travel and keystroke for a more tactile response and natural typing experience.
- …Or to relax: Whether you’re relaxing by browsing the web, reading a book, watching a film, or being active on social media, the 12.2-inch screen, touch capabilities and flexibility will let you use the Miix 510 at any angle or orientation. And with up to 1TB2 of PCIe SSD (solid-state drive) storage, you can save your favorite films and shows to take on the go.
- Connectivity options: Beyond Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, the Miix 510 includes optional LTE so you can use a mobile network3 when you don’t have Wi-Fi. You can even use it to charge your smartphone without worrying about finding a power outlet.
- Portable and packable: If you’re likely to travel with a charger, other devices, or heavy paperwork, the Miix 510’s drop in weight to 880g (without the keyboard) makes all the difference in carrying your load. It’s light, but it’s also the right size to get work done. While you can do a lot on a smartphone and some tablets, they’re not designed for programs like presentations, spreadsheets or even long emails. Sometimes a mouse and keyboard is still what you need to pound out that email or essay. And that’s the beauty of a detachable.
Looking for high performance and ultra-portability? Then the Miix 510 is a great gateway into the versatility of a detachable.
All Lenovo products are available on www.lenovo.com.4
The Miix 510 (keyboard and pen included) starts at €699, available beginning in October 2016.4
1 All battery life claims are approximate and based on test results using the MobileMark® 2014 ver 1.5 battery life benchmark test. Actual results will vary, and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See https://bapco.com/products/mobilemark-2014/ for additional details.
2 Actual available capacity of user storage is less because the operating system, preloaded software and other functions utilize part of this capacity.
3 Requires cellular data plan; additional terms, conditions and/or charges apply.
4 Prices do not include tax or shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates may vary by geography and products may only be available in selected markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice.
LENOVO is a trademark of Lenovo. WINDOWS and WINDOWS INK are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. YOUTUBE is a trademark of Google Inc. FACEBOOK is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. INSTAGRAM is a trademark of Instagram, LLC. Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. BLUETOOTH is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. MOBILEMARK is a trademark of Mobile Mark, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2016, Lenovo Group Limited.